Tuesday 17 January 2012

How to Make an Inspiration Board

I feel like I haven't posted in weeks. While this is not necessarily true, I really haven't posted for a while. I do have some ideas on future posts, but for now, here's some tips for making your very own inspiration board. Just in case you need a quick dose of inspiration, you know?

Inspiration boards, also known as vision boards or mood boards, are a really good way to motivate yourself to "follow your dreams."

Note: You can make an inspiration board using Photoshop, but I'm not going to do that, because I like that 'handmade' feel to my boards. If you want to use Photoshop, just Google it.

First of all, think about who you want to be, and what you want to achieve in the future. What is your dream job? Where do you want to live? What do you want to look like? Who is going to be around you - family? Friends? I guess it's all up to you!

Then you need some kind of board. This doesn't have to be expensive. In fact, you can probably get it for free. Here are some options:



  • Do it on your bedroom wall. This is free, but make sure you are allowed (I know it sounds childish, but it's no fun if you make a great collage and then have to take it all off. Trust me, I've been there). So just get some Blu-Tack, and get sticking!
  • Get a cork board. Depending on the size you want, you can get a regular board in shops like Ikea, or some cork floor tiles that you can attach together to make practically any size you want. Wouldn't it be brilliant if you had a whole wall of inspiration? Unfortunately, I had to stick to a smaller size (boo!). One more thing - don't forget your pins! 
Lol :D
  • Or, if you're feeling a little rebellious, why not try a magnetic board? Any old piece of metal will do, including that old fridge thingy in your kitchen.
  • You could also get a mountboard in your local art shop. They are a bit pricey though, so you can just use a piece of cardboard. Go on, you know you want to...
When you have found a suitable board thing, you are ready to start collecting stuff to put on it. Since it's called an inspiration board, you should only use images that inspire or motivate you, to avoid it getting cluttered. So unless you have a wall to cover, you have a limited number of pictures to collect.

You can use anything - photographs, magazine clippings, drawings, designs and quotes. Just make sure that it inspires you to do something about your life. Then arrange them the way you want them on your board thing, and pin/stick them down. Put the board in a visible place where you will see it every day.



I think I'm going to make an inspiration board this week. If it turns out good, I might put up a picture of it. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Remember - I LIKE COMMENTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment