Tuesday 29 November 2011

Exams...


This week is exam week in my school. I have 10 exams, each of them 1 and a half hours long. It seems that they will never end.

See, that's the thing about exams. They seem endless, but at the same time you never have enough time to write everything that you know. Another thing I've noticed is that you study beforehand, and you can remember everything perfectly but once you go into the exam centre, your mind goes blank. Of course you remember everything again when it's over, usually just after you hand up your paper. Yet another weird thing is that they always ask you the things you DON'T know, rather than what you do. It's like they don't actually want you to do well. Argh! It's so frustrating! Okay, overall I think exams are very strange.

However, there is debate over which is better: class tests every so often, or a week of exams every day. Personally, I think a week of exams is better, but here's a list of arguments.

Class tests are better because:
  • you don't have to revise as much
  • less stress
  • they are shorter and sometimes easier
A week of exams is better because: 
  • they only happen twice a year (in my school, anyway)
  • you know exactly when they're happening (for example, I know I'll have exams next June)
  • more time to revise
  • you get off school early for a week, and if you're lucky like me, you get a day off
  • teachers prepare you for them, usually wasting class time, not that anyone minds. Sometimes they even tell you exactly what is on the exam, which isn't very smart of them, but definitely appreciated
So you see my point. Exams are better. Let's face it - they're there, and then they're over and there's nothing to worry about for about 6 months. Class tests just get in the way.

Okay then. That's it for now. I hope you found this more interesting than my beauty posts. Click here to read my rant about them.



PS. This post was originally written during an exam. For proof, see my Twitter.  



No comments:

Post a Comment